This seemed particularly appropriate after my recent post
1. Go to www.careercruising.com
2. Put in Username: nycareers - Password: landmark
3. Take the 'Career Matchmaker' questions at the upper left corner
4. Post the top 10 results.Results:
(before answering supplemental questions)
1. Massage Therapist
2. Marine Biologist
3. Pet Groomer
6. Autobody Repairer
This is interesting mostly in the first two. Many people I know (including my mother-in-law) insist that I could have a secondary career in massage. And for a number of years when I was a kid, I was positive I wanted to be a marine biologist. Endless Ocean
, here I come!
other amusing ones:
12. Security systems tech -- ??
15, Veterinary tech -- after all the business with Bernie Cat, I actually have a lot of skills here
17. Musical instrument builder and repairer --- could be fun
18. Biologist -- ahaha, there we go!
38. Gunsmith -- ???!? (I guess it's low down on the list!)
Results after supplemental questions:
2. Picture framer
5. Massage therapist
???? Must be because I didn't put 'like' after most of the 'study of X' ones. They're all plausible, mind you; I just didn't feel strongly one way or the other