Today was the last day of JoAnn's Coupon Madness week, which meant I had something like ten different 40% and 50% off coupons to use, with a 15% off anything that's already on sale or anything I couldn't apply a coupon toward. What did I get? Let's see...
- 4 yards (!) of undyed cotton duck, now hang-drying in the bathroom. (I want to make tote bags for people for Christmas. 4 yards should work out to 8+ bags, which ought to be plenty.) (Okay, it's probably plenty for MUCH more than 8. Keep me busy, huh?)
- Some yards (lost track) of strapping for handles; I just bought what was left on the rack, since handles on the bags I like at home tend to be 24-30 inches _each_. That turns into a lot of yards, really fast, if you're making bags for everyone.
- Heavy-duty thread and some denim needles for sewing this stuff. Wonder if my machine's auto-threading lever can handle the heavy thread?
- A few different kinds of stabilizer: water-soluble (for doing towels), medium-stiff tearaway, fairly stiff cutaway. I may have overbought. Oh well, I'll likely use it all eventually.
- Some dual-adhesive stabilizer for doing a super-sekrit
applique project I've got in mind
- A few more colors of embroidery thread that I know I'm going to need for various patterns (and which will let me test my pack of Mettler versus Sulky versus I forget what the other brand was that I bought a spool of)
- Fabric for super-sekrit
applique project (well, the main color, anyway; I can get the rest out of my existing collection and it'll mostly work)
... basically ALL of which I was able to apply one coupon or another towards. I ended up with my final coupon-ful price being something like 50-60% of the original price, which was a Good Thing. That's why we go to JoAnn's with coupons in hand!
The applique will be just the animal, on a bag, for Huz. He's working on recording a book inspired by the tapestry where this animal is found