Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Ticketmaster generally works fine, as it did tonight. We have nice shiny tickets to go see the King Tut exhibit a week from Monday. Pain level: minimal.Intercity, New Zealand
(a bus company that runs all over the islands) has been a source of moderate to complete fail almost since the word go. We had trouble purchasing the initial 15-hour bus passes - they thought something was wrong with both the credit cards I entered, then mysteriously accepted.. well, one of them.. after I retyped their "prove you're not a 'bot" text. Tonight I tried to use the passes to acquire tickets to get from Auckland to Paihia and back, and from Queenstown to Te Anau and back.
(1) The website SHOULD NOT allow you to click a return date in the month preceding the departure date.
(2) The website SHOULD allow you to put multiple trips into one booking. It appeared, after doing the Auckland/Paihia leg, that it did. But when I was shown the cart after doing the Queenstown/Te Anau leg, the cart had mysteriously lost the Auckland/Paihia leg.
(3) The website SHOULD give more meaningful error messages than "Your trip takes longer than 1 day" upon attempting to re-book the Auckland/Paihia leg (a trip which had previously been put at 4 hours and change). I'm guessing that something's gone wrong with my poor little flexi-pass in all the peregrinations, and it may think I have no credit left... even though I technically never checked out the cart.
(4) The website SHOULD have a way to check your balance on your flexi-pass.
(4) I refuse to call internationally to solve this problem. (Even though my phone company only charges 5.5 cents/minute.) I will email them and see if they can 'splain things.
Edited Sunday 2/7 to add: Tried again. Booked the two legs of the trip seperately, checking out the cart after each one. Almost no difficulties involved. Hah - done with that particular bit!